Mercedes-Benz O 319 – the minibus partner for the L 319

As of 1956, the O 319 was used as a line bus for commuter traffic and also as a tour bus.

The Mercedes-Benz O 319 – highly versatile

At the IAA in 1955, the former Daimler-Benz AG presented the L 319 and also introduced its minibus partner, the O 319. In the following year, the vehicle with 10 to 18 seats was available in functional variants as both a line bus for commuter traffic and also tour bus versions. The top-of-the-line model with two-color paintwork, roof-edge glazing, folding sliding roof and luxury seats for ten passengers rounded out the program. The minibuses were initially manufactured at the production plant in Mannheim. When the production site was relocated to Sindelfingen in 1962, the bus production was also relocated to Düsseldorf. The O 319 was soon regarded as a symbol of the economic miracle and became a key influence on the career of the entire model family.

Manufacturer

Daimler-Benz AG

Production period

1956 – 1968

Production location

from 1956 Mannheim
from 1962 Düsseldorf

Successor model

309 series

Designs

Minibus

Engines

Diesel engines
32 kW (43 hp),
later up to 55 hp
Gasoline engines
48 kW (65 hp)

Length

4,820 mm

Width

2,080 mm

Wheelbase

2,850 mm

Payload

1.6 – 1.8 tonnes